laying in bed. ‘I’ was trying to convince ‘myself’ that it wouldn’t be that bad if I went to sleep for a few minutes. Myself was fighting back because of the tendency I have to oversleep by hours and feel like death when I wake up. But, I was winning because despite myself’s logic I was still drifting off.
Then it hit. It being a coughing attack, which is unusual because I am not even one bit sick. Well, probably one bit, but that is because it seems I am always one bit sick.
In the midst of this coughing attack, which to myself’s delight was successfully waking me up- I realized I needed water. No, no, I needed Crystal Light-preferably Raspberry Ice or Raspberry Peach or even Cranberry Pomegranate. So, I did what any rational human would. I imagined myself wiggling my nose, snapping my fingers, blinking harshly, waving a wand and saying magic words. In my mind it worked and I saw the filling of the water bottle, the pouring in of Crystal Light, the stirring and the gulping. But alas, it was in my mind only, because none of these tactics worked and the Crystal Light remained in its box, the water bottle on the shelf, the water in the fridge and my throat irritated.
While fuming over my persistent cough, my lack of magic and thus lack of cold refreshment I regained an unhappy consciousness. But, consciousness brought enlightenment. Remember this, kids: consciousness brings enlightenment. I remembered that I had prepared myself for these moments of discomfort whilst shopping with my Mother. You see she is she who will buy me those non-essential essentials that I need {a need clearly demonstrated in this story}. So, upon enlightenment, I reached over in my bed and grabbed my {thanks Mom!} Hall’s cough drops-Assorted Citrus flavor. I popped in a yellow-flavor one {I’m going to assume lemon} and found relief because like I always say, preparation equals success. Oh and Halls cough drops rock. Oh and also consciousness brings enlightenment.
Moral of the story: Because I was prepared I did not fear.
But I still think I will work on my magic because
how easy would it have been to just wiggle my nose and then have Crystal Light?
Way, way easy.
3 comments:
haha the question is... did the halls cough drops refrain you from getting out of bed! did you go back to sleep because of your preparation??
you should submit this to the ensign.
hahaha Brittany. Bod you're a gem. Thanks for your anecdotes. :)
Post a Comment